How To Help
From The Open Source Backup Wiki (Amanda, MySQL Backup, BackupPC)
If you're interested in helping out an established, mature open source project, the Amanda community would love your help. There's no need to be a programmer -- some Amanda expertise and a bit of time are all that are required. Here are some ways to help out:
- Join the forums or the mailing lists and help other users learn about Amanda
- Become a Platform Expert to keep Amanda running smoothly on your platform of choice
- Add content to and help organize this wiki
If you'd like to write code for Amanda, join email@example.com. The folks there can give you valuable help and advice on how to proceed.
- Pick something from Tasks that looks interesting.
- Fix that problem that's been bugging you, or add that feature you've always dreamed of.
Either way, if you're a git user, it's easy to fork Amanda.
Note that currently the Amanda project does not have a public bug tracker, but instead bugs are simply reported and discussed using the mailing lists.